Rolex holds a appropriate abode in the apple of high-end automated watches. It’s the most admired affluence watch brand in the world. Rolex is additionally one of the best big-ticket watch brands. The Swiss architect produces iconic models that accept become a accurate cachet symbol. Owning a abreast Rolex day-date or a best Submariner, for example, tells a lot about who you are and what you’ve able in your life.
What makes Rolex so special? The affection of its designs. The aberration of its materials. And, best importantly, the brand’s categorical assembly action that guarantees absolute and authentic performances.
All these fundamentals comedy an important role in Rolex’s prestige. But there is abundant added to the brand. Added watch manufacturers, such as Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet are appropriately apt at bearing abstract watches.
Rolex, however, has a affluent and assorted history of addition and administration in watchmaking. Rolex watches accept additionally been beat by all-around personalities from the worlds of sports, cinema, backroom and business. Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, Elle Macpherson, Winston Churchill, Dr Martin Luther King, Che Guevara, John F Kennedy, Marlon Brando, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Victoria Beckham are aloof some of the best accepted Rolex owners.
To advice you cross the apple of Rolex watches and accept the role that anniversary of their models plays into the brand, we’re attractive today at the 17 best big-ticket Rolex watches of 2021.
Some of the best big-ticket models are actual pieces that took amount acknowledgment to their aberration or the acclaim of their antecedent owners. Others are abreast pieces that you can acquirement appropriate now by aloof walking in a Rolex boutique. Their prices ambit from $13,337 to $17.8 million.
This is activity to be an all-embracing account so if you aloof appetite to apperceive what is the best big-ticket Rolex on the bazaar today, here’s the abbreviate version:
- The Rolex GMT Adept II Ice is the best big-ticket archetypal ambit in the accepted accumulating with prices starting from $485,350.
- The Paul Newman Daytona is the distinct best big-ticket Rolex anytime sold. It was purchased for $17.8 actor during an bargain in October 2017.
The top 17 best big-ticket Rolex watches in 2021
Here is the best accepted account of the top seventeen best big-ticket Rolex watches in the apple in 2021. You can jump to any accurate archetypal application the table below.
|17||Submariner Date||from $13,337 (2021)|
|16||Sky-Dweller Oystersteel||from 14,275 (2021)|
|15||Cosmograph Daytona||from $16,780 (2021)|
|14||Datejust||from $17,000 (2021)|
|13||Rolex Day-Date||from $34,500 (2021)|
|12||Rolex Pearlmaster collection||$87,000 (2021)|
|11||Steve McQueen’s Rolex Submariner (1967)||$234,000 (2009)|
|10||Rolex Platinum Design Pearlmaster||$277,850 (March 2011)|
|9||James Band Rolex Submariner (1972)||$365,000 (November 2015)|
|8||Rolex GMT Adept II Ice||$485,350 (2021)|
|7||Jack Nicklaus Rolex Day-Date||$1,220,000 (December 2019)|
|6||Eric Clapton’s Rolex “Oyster Albino” Cosmograph Daytona||$1.4 actor (May 2015)|
|5||Marlon Brando’s Rolex GMT-Master||$1,952,000 (December 2019)|
|4||Antimagnetique Advertence 4113 (1942)||$2.5 actor (May 2016)|
|3||Rolex Bao Dai||$5.1 actor (May 2017)|
|2||Rolex Daytona Advertence 626 Unicorn (1971)||$5.9 actor (May 2018)|
|1||Paul Newman’s Rolex Daytona||$17.8 actor (October 2017)|
We’re starting our account with the atomic big-ticket Rolex watches. Those are abreast models that you can buy today. As we go bottomward in the list, you’ll ascertain different actual models that alone go on auction through clandestine auctions. They were generally the backdrop of celebrities and affecting bodies or produced in different materials.
17. Rolex Submariner Date: amount starts from $13,337 (2021)
The archetypal Rolex Submariner starts our account with the date archetypal of the watch. Aboriginal launched in 1953, the Submariner was the aboriginal wristwatch that defined could booty to a abyss of 100 metres (330 feet). Fabricated accepted by the aboriginal James Band movies, although after the date and on a NATO strap, the Rolex Submariner is now one of the brand’s best accepted models.
Prices for accepted Rolex Submariner band alpha from $13,337 and alter based on the actual that you choose. Stainless steel, chicken gold and white gold are available.
16. Sky-Dweller Oystersteel and chicken gold: amount starts from $14,275 (2021)
You don’t see abounding Rolex Sky-Dweller models around. The self-winding watch was originally advised for pilots and common travellers to accumulate clue of two time zones at the aforementioned time on the dial. The wearer of the watch can set the bounded time on the capital punch with acceptable hour, minute, and added hands. An added abate punch off-centred can be adapted to accumulate clue of a added time zone. That added punch provides a 24 hours affectation to calmly analyze day-time from night-time.
Prices for the Rolex Sky-Dweller alpha from $14,275. You can accept from a aggregate of white gold, chicken gold and rose gold materials.
15. Cosmograph Daytona: amount starts from $16,780 (2021)
The mesmerising Rolex Daytona punch was alien in 1963 to bless the high‑performance apple of able chase car driving. The archetypal rapidly acquired acceptance amid cine stars and the admirable accessible at large.
The Cosmograph Daytona authentic an absolute watch class amid sports chronographs. Its punch has become an figure generally acclaimed and reproduced by added watch brands.
Two baby pushers on the right-hand ancillary of the watch acquiesce the wearer to actuate the alarm function. The pushers can be busted bottomward to agreement waterproofness to 100 meters (330 feet).
14. Rolex Datejust: amount starts from $17,000 (2021)
The affected Rolex Datejust was aboriginal alien in 1945 to bless the company’s 40th anniversary. It has now become a absolute watch for business bodies about the world. The watch is so able that it can be beat both as allotment of a business casual or business able outfit. It comes with a ample alternative of bracelets, dials, materials, and the advantage to accept adored stones on the dial.
The Datejust is accessible in sizes alignment from 31mm to 34mm, 36mm and 41mm. There is additionally a appropriate 28mm Lady-Datejust. The watch is accessible in stainless steel, white gold, chicken gold, and rose gold.
13. Rolex Day-Date: amount starts from $34,500 (2021)
The Rolex Day-Date is arguably the acme of cachet symbol. It’s one of the best big-ticket watches in Rolex’s accepted accumulating and was beat by endless leaders and active of Accompaniment beyond the world.
The Day-Date aboriginal launched in 1956 as the aboriginal waterproof and self-winding alarm wristwatch to action a agenda with a day affectation in accession to the date. It was additionally the aboriginal watch to acquaint the ceremony Rolex armlet (sometimes alleged the Admiral bracelet) that offers aberrant abrasion abundance on the wrist.
The 2021 Day-Date comes with the calibre 3255 movement that offers superb believability and achievement in a case that is altogether acceptable to abrasion with a clothing or academic attire.
Price for the Day-Date starts from $34,500. The punch is accessible in 36mm and 40mm and comes in chicken gold, white gold, rose gold or platinum.
12. Rolex Pearlmaster collection: $87,000 (2021)
The Rolex Pearlmaster acme our account of the best big-ticket Rolexes that you can buy today. The watch retails for $87,000 but its amount ability alter depending on the bazaar amount for chunk at the time of your purchase. The watch comes in 34mm and 39mm cases and is alone accessible in chicken gold, white gold and rose gold (called Everose).
The watch is a high-end customised adaptation of the Rolex Datejust with cautiously carved chunk and adored gems. Rolex had to advance high-end techniques to absolutely adjust the height, orientation, and position of anniversary bean on the dial. The Pearlmaster comes with three armlet options, two of which accommodate gemstones on the armlet themselves. The watch is additionally waterproof up to 100 meters (330 feet) and has a 48 hours ability reserve.
From actuality on, every added Rolex watch on our account except the GMT Adept II Ice is a different allotment that was awash through a accessible or clandestine auction. While you ability be able to acquirement one of them if they appear aback on the bazaar in the future, they are not currently up for sale.
11. Steve McQueen’s 1967 Rolex Submariner: awash for $234,000 (2009)
You could altercate that Steve McQueen’s 1967 Rolex Submariner started the avant-garde appetite for best Rolex watches. The watch is the aboriginal in our account to be awash for a aerial amount at an bargain in 2009. Organised by Antiquorum, the bargain bankrupt at $234,000, which was the accomplished amount anytime paid for a best Rolex at the time.
The watch itself is a archetypal Rolex Submariner from 1967. What makes it special, however, is that it was already endemic by Steve McQueen. The allegorical amateur dubbed “The Affectionate of Cool” was accepted in the 60s and 70s for actuality one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood. His Rolex Submariner kept that acceptability intact.
The amount of the Steve McQueen Submariner has absolutely added over the accomplished 10 years. A additional Steve McQueen Submariner was meant to go on bargain in December 2018 but the bargain was annulled at the aftermost minute due to a altercation with the McQueen Estate. You can apprehend all about it here and here.
10. Rolex Platinum Design Pearlmaster: awash for $277,850 (March 2011)
Unlike its avant-garde sibling, the Rolex Platinum Design Pearlmaster is based on the Day-Date accumulating instead of the Datejust. The limited-edition watch is fabricated from meteorite design and counts 42 chunk on its custom bezel. The 39mm punch watch was aboriginal appear in 2011 for $277,850.
9. James Bond’s 1972 Rolex Submariner: awash for $365,000 (November 2015)
Yet addition Submariner in our account of the best big-ticket Rolex watches anytime sold. This one is the absolute watch beat by Sir Roger Moore while arena James Band in Alive and Let Die in 1973. The watch was awash for $365,000 at a Phillips bargain in Geneva in 2015.
The watch was adapted for the movie. In particular, the bezel was afflicted to attending like a annular saw. It is acclimated by James Band in the cine to cut a rope. The watch’s “magnetic field” is additionally acclimated to achieve Absence Caruso’s dress (played by Madeline Smith).
The James Band Submariner was so heavily adapted for the cine that it doesn’t acquaint time anymore. The aback of the watch, however, was active by Roger Moore.
8. Rolex GMT Adept II Ice: $485,350 (2021)
This Rolex GMT-Master Ice is the watch that football superstar Cristiano Ronaldo wore during the 14th Dubai All-embracing Sports Conference. It is the best big-ticket new Rolex you can buy. It retails for $485,350 but its amount ability alter depending on the bazaar amount for chunk at the time of your purchase.
The Rolex GMT Adept II Ice is absolutely covered in adored stones and fabricated from white gold. The punch has an absorbing beachcomber arrangement of chunk and gold. The blow of the case hasn’t been compromised by the centralized customisation. You get all the aforementioned appearance and achievement than the avant-garde Rolex GMT II delivers, including a waterproof case up to 100 meters (330 feet) and 50-hours of ability reserve. The punch featured the archetypal GMT additional duke to set a additional time zone.
7. Jack Nicklaus Rolex Day-Date: awash for $1.22 actor (December 2019)
Rolex gave this chicken gold Day-Date to allegorical golfer Jack Nicklaus in 1967. He appealing abundant wore it every day back then. Jack Nicklaus, accepted as the Aureate Bear, wore this Rolex back he won 12 of his almanac 18 able above championship titles. The watch was additionally generally photographed back Nicklaus hoisted the championship bays afterward his victories.
The chicken gold Day‐Date on a Admiral armlet is Rolex’s best celebrated archetypal and one of the world’s best acclaimed watches. “This is the actual aboriginal watch I anytime owned, and the alone watch I wore for every able clash I’ve won throughout my career,” Jack Nicklaus said. “It has accompanied me at U.S. Opens, Masters Tournaments, PGA Championships, Accessible Championships and endless added contest for over bristles decades, and has served me able-bodied at every footfall forth the way.“
The watch awash for $1.22 actor at a Phillips bargain in December 2019. All of the bargain gain went to Nicklaus’ accommodating Foundation that cares for accouchement in charge about the world.
6. Eric Clapton’s Rolex “Oyster Albino” Cosmograph Daytona: awash for $1.4 actor (May 2015)
Eric Clapton’s Daytona, dubbed the Rolex “Oyster Albino” Cosmograph, awash not already but alert for abundant amounts during accessible auctions. The aboriginal time was in 2003 in New York area the watch was bought for $505,000 during an bargain organised by Sotheby’s. Twelve years later, in May 2015, Eric Clapton’s Daytona was awash already added but this time for $1.4 actor at a Phillips bargain in Geneva, about three times its antecedent price.
Besides its acclaimed aboriginal owner, the Rolex “Oyster Albino” Daytona is appropriate because alone four pieces are accessible with the punch in a distinct colour. The Daytona punch usually has two colours to accomplish the alarm totalisers adverse with the blow of the dial.
5. Marlon Brando’s Apocalypse Now Rolex GMT-Master: awash for $1.952 actor (December 2019)
This Rolex GMT ref. 1675 beat by Marlon Brando in the cine Apocalypse Now was awash for $1.952 actor at a Phillips bargain in December 2019. The auction, appropriately called the Phillips Bold Changers event, saw the Rolex GMT-Master bogus in 1972 advertise able-bodied aloft the accepted price.
Marlon Brando, an Academy Accolade winner, wore the watch on a atramentous band with its bezel missing. Francis Ford Coppola had absolutely asked Brando to abolish the bezel as it would angle out too abundant in the movie. The watch is additionally different because Brando carved his name on its back. It awash afterwards 15 account of acute bidding.
4. Antimagnetique Advertence 4113 from 1942: awash for $2.5 actor (May 2016)
The 1942 Antimagnetique Advertence 4113 is the oldest Rolex on our account afterwards affairs for about $2.5 actor during a Phillips’ bargain in Geneva in 2016. It comes in an abnormally ample case because its assembly year, at 44 mm. It is in fact, the better case anytime congenital by Rolex. Alone 12 examples of the Advertence 4113 are accepted to still abide today. The watch was initially produced as a allowance to bless the achievement of a antagonism team.
Interestingly, this accurate archetypal had been awash aloof three years before, in 2013, for $1.16 actor at Christie’s. It’s addition archetype of the abrupt amount access for attenuate Rolex models.
3. The Rolex Bao Dai: awash for $5.1 actor (May 2017)
The Rolex Bao Dai is actually one of the best instantly recognisable models amid watch fans. Based on the Rolex advertence 6062, this watch was initially awash to the aftermost emperor of the Nguyen absolutism in Vietnam in 1954. At the time, this was the best big-ticket archetypal in Rolex’s collection. The gold case and atramentous punch were the rarest configurations available. Alone three were anytime produced, according to Hodinkee. And this allotment is the alone one of the three to accept design markers on the alike hours.
The Rolex Bao Dai was awash for over $5.1 actor at bargain at Phillips in Geneva in 2017. The watch had already been awash through bargain before. The Nguyen ancestors aboriginal awash it for $235,000 in 2002, which was the accomplished amount anytime paid for a Rolex at that time.
2. The 1971 Rolex Daytona Advertence 626 Unicorn: awash for $5.9 actor (May 2018)
Uniqueness and aberration explain the amount of this 1970 Rolex Daytona that was awash for $5.9 actor in 2018. The Advertence 6265 is the alone archetypal accessible in 18-karat white gold, appropriately it’s “Unicorn” nickname. The all-inclusive majority of Rolex Daytona produced at the time were in stainless steel.
Beside its adored material, the adventure of the watch is itself interesting. Few bodies had anytime heard of it until it was appear in 2013 that acclaimed Rolex beneficiary John Goldberger had acquired the watch (Auro Montanari of his absolute name).
1. Paul Newman’s Rolex Daytona: awash for $17.8 actor (October 2017)
Paul Newman’s Rolex Daytona is not alone the best big-ticket Rolex anytime sold, but it’s additionally the best big-ticket watch anytime awash in the world. It calmly exhausted the antecedent almanac set by a 1943 Patek Philippe abiding agenda alarm that awash for $11 actor in 2016.
The aperture bid for Paul Newman’s Daytona started at $1 actor but was anon aloft to $10 actor by the aboriginal bidder, beauteous the absolute bargain allowance at Phillips. Alone two bidders again fought for the watch to assuredly achieve its amount at $17.8 million.
While almost able-bodied preserved, this Rolex Daytona isn’t decidedly attenuate nor fabricated from adored materials. But its different adventure is what watch collectors are best absorbed in. It was accustomed to Paul Newman by his wife, Joanne Woodward, while he was arena in the cine “Winning”.
Why are Rolex watches so valuable?
People generally admiration why Rolex watches are so expensive. What is so appropriate about the Swiss architect to explain the amount of its high-end automated watches?
Beyond timekeeping, a Rolex watch is an article of admiration and aspiration. A attribute of accomplishment and success. A acceptable affluence indulgence.
Behind the brand, the Rolex aggregation operates in a actual altered appearance from best of the added watch manufacturers in the world. The aggregation is abreast captivated and is set up as a charity. Rolex is currently baronial cardinal bristles on our account of the most accepted affluence brands in the world.
So what makes Rolex watches so expensive? In our opinion, it’s a aggregate of four altered factors.
Rolex owns several labs at its headquarter offices in Geneva. Their centralized advisers assignment on new watches, of course, but additionally on new and added able accomplishment techniques.
Rare and adored materials
Rolex produces its own steel, gold, and platinum in-house. They developed different accomplishment processes to actualize stainless animate watches in 904L animate as it’s added able-bodied and maintains its brightness attending over time. They additionally transform raw 24k gold plates into 18k yellow, white, or rose gold abstracts (called Everose gold).
Rolex additionally has its own gemological administration to buy, test, cut, and abode chunk and adored stones on its watches. Anniversary bean is anxiously hand-selected and hand-set application the aforementioned processes than the world’s best acclaimed jewellery brands.
Outstanding accomplishment process
Rolex has able its watch accomplishment action to use both machines and animal in the best able way possible. Every Rolex movements and bracelets are still accumulated by hand, alike admitting robots and machines are acclimated forth the way to abetment technicians.
Dedication, time and absorption to details
From the accumulation of raw abstracts to the accumulation and testing, it takes about a year to accomplish a distinct Rolex watch.
Just booty the punch conception as an example. Afterwards all-encompassing testing, Rolex begin that bodies were bigger at accession markers on a punch than robots. So every punch is still crafted by hand. The accomplished artefact is again alone from 20 cm up in the air to ensure that aggregate is captivation as expected.
Considering the actuality that Rolex sells about a actor watches per year, the time they absorb bearing anniversary watch is remarkable.
Are Rolex watches a acceptable investment?
The amount of some of the best big-ticket Rolex watches awash over the accomplished bristles years is incredible. Abnormally aback you accede the amount that they were aboriginal bought at. Some collectors fabricated it their aspect to advance in attenuate Rolexes to advertise them aback with a cogent accretion a few years later.
Most abreast Rolex models will apparently not accretion the aforementioned amount in 50 years but they still advance accomplished resale value. The amount of a buzz Rolex watch with aboriginal affidavit and box is absolutely actual abutting to the aboriginal affairs price.
When attractive at our account of the best big-ticket Rolex watches, it’s bright that four factors drive amount and speculation:
- Rarity of the watch design
- Fame of its antecedent owner
- Quality of its materials
- Overall action of the watch
Casual assemblage ability accept the consequence that the amount of Rolex watches has additionally added over the accomplished few years. You ability accept heard that the aboriginal Submariners didn’t amount added than $200 in the backward 50s. But back demography into annual the aggrandizement over the accomplished 60 years, we see that Rolex has maintained the amount of its watches adequately stable.
Taking the access archetypal stainless animate Submariner no date as an example, we see absolutely that its amount has “only” added 6.65 bend over the absolute period.
So, should you buy a Rolex as an investment? It depends on your advance goals, experience, and timeframe really. If you appetite a abundant watch that will advance its value, a abreast Rolex is a abundant option. As would a Patek Philippe or an Audemars Piguet, for example.
If you alone appetite to amusement it as an investment, a actual allotment will be a bigger fit but it’s a chancy business. You’ll charge to be able to analyze an accurate best Rolex from the abounding affected that are awash online. You’ll additionally charge to accept a acceptable faculty of what ability access in amount over the advancing years. And you’ll charge to be able to time the resale to maximise your profit. It’s absolutely achievable if you accept those abilities but we wouldn’t acclaim it to anyone.
Further account recommendations about Rolex and watch valuations in general
We acclimated several accurate sources to advice with this baronial of the best big-ticket Rolex in the world. We acclaim that you apprehend them if you appetite to apprentice added about Rolex. These are additionally abundant assets if you appetite to accept a accurate aspect of watch appraisal or appetite to break abreast with the latest developments in the industry.
The official Rolex website is a acceptable abode to alpha if you appetite to see the accepted models and collections. We additionally acquiescently acclaim Hodinkee as an accomplished ability to apprentice added about the watch industry:
If you appetite to analyze Rolex prices or specific models further, we acclaim the afterward Wikipedia accessories that were acclimated back autograph this article:
- Rolex Datejust: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolex_Datejust
- Rolex Day-Date: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolex_Day-Date
- Rolex Submariner: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolex_Submariner
- Rolex Daytona: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolex_Daytona
If you appetite to apprentice added about the history abaft specific models, we acclaim the afterward articles:
- Christie’s James Band Submariner: https://www.christies.com/lot/lot-james-bonds-specially-adapted-rolex-wristwatch-converted-5493348/
- Christie’s GMT Adept II Ice: https://www.christies.com/lot/lot-rolex-an-impressive-and-very-rare-18k-5690643/
- Phillips’ Eric Clapton’s Rolex “Oyster Albino” Cosmograph Daytona: https://www.phillips.com/detail/ROLEX/CH080215/214
- 1971 Rolex Daytona Advertence 626 Unicorn by Phillips: https://www.phillips.com/detail/ROLEX/CH080318/8
- Breaking Account Phillips To Bargain Steve McQueen’s Rolex Submariner Ref. 5513, by Cara Barrett, Hodinkee, June 4, 2018.
- Meet the ‘Unicorn’: One of the best big-ticket Rolex watches in the world, by Erica Wright, CNBC, May 11, 2018.
- Paul Newman’s Rolex Daytona aloof became the best big-ticket watch anytime awash at auction, by Russell Sheldrake, Business Cabal UK October 27, 2017.
- One of the rarest watches in the apple aloof awash for $5 actor and became the best big-ticket Rolex ever, by Dennis Green, Business Cabal US May 15, 2017.
- Breaking Account Phillips Will Bargain What Could Be The Best Big-ticket Rolex Anytime Sold, The ‘Bao Dai’ Rolex Advertence 6062, by Louis Westphalen, Hodinkee, Advance 27, 2017.
- Steel Rolex From 1942 Sets Bargain Record, Sells For About $2.5 Actor At Phillips Geneva, by Elizabeth Doerr, Forbes, May 15, 2016.
- Eric Clapton’s Attenuate Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 6263 Ability Albino Goes Up For Auction, by Elizabeth Doerr, Forbes, April 16, 2015.
- Rolex GMT Adept Ice, by Paul Altieri, Bob’s watches, Baronial 19, 2014.
- Exclusive: The Abstruse History of Steve McQueen’s Rolex Submariner, by Michael Solomon, Forbes, June 4, 2018.
- Phillips Withdraws Steve McQueen’s Rolex Submariner From Bargain Amidst Battle With The McQueen Estate, by Michael Solomon, Forbes, September 14, 2018.
- Bob’s watch additionally has a acceptable adviser and provides abundant deals on buzz watches: https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/resources/most-expensive-rolex-watches.html
- Top 10 Best Big-ticket Rolex Watches in the World, by Quinn on Improb in September 2017. But beware of the affected Paul Newman Ferrari Red Rolex Daytona. Interestingly, this account additionally includes Dr Rajendra Prasad’s Gold Rolex Ability Abiding that’s estimated for $444,000 but was never awash as the Indian government intervened on account of Prasad’s ancestors who told authorities that the watch was baseborn from them years ago: https://improb.com/top-expensive-rolex-watches/
- Luxatic has addition acceptable advertisement of the top 10 best big-ticket Rolex watches anytime sold. It focuses on actual pieces. Some of the models included in their account were arguable as they ability accept been reworked or customised afore activity to bargain so we didn’t accommodate them in our list: https://luxatic.com/top-10-most-expensive-rolex-watches-of-all-time/#5_1958_Rolex_GMT_Master_8211_35_million
- The history abaft Jack Nicklaus Rolex Day-Date that awash for $1.22 actor at a Phillips auction: https://www.phillips.com/article/43591421/golf-legend-jack-nicklaus-to-auction-his-iconic-rolex-day-date-for-childrens-hospitals
- The history abaft Marlon Brando’s Apocalypse Now Rolex GMT-Master that awash for $1.952 actor at a Phillips auction: https://www.phillips.com/article/44804111/phillips-to-offer-marlon-brandos-long-lost-rolex-gmt-master-worn-in-apocalypse-now
- Finally, here’s an absorbing all-embracing attending at Rolex watch as an advance and the amount of Rolexes over time: https://www.luxewatches.co.uk/is-a-rolex-a-good-investment-a-guide-to-rolex-investment/
- Meet John Goldberger, One of the World’s Best Important (and Elusive) Watch Collectors, by Kathleen Beckett, Robb Report, December 13, 2018.
- This $11 Actor Patek Philippe Alarm Is the World’s Best Big-ticket Wristwatch, by Carol Besler, Forbes, November 12, 2016.
- Rolex, Wikipedia, 2020.
- 10 Things To Apperceive About How Rolex Makes Watches, by Ariel Adams, A Blog To Watch, November 24, 2013.
- How And Why Rolex Prices Accept Added Over Time, by David Bredan, A Blog To Watch, July 20, 2014.
Cover photo by the European Pressphoto Agency, 2021.