Many marketers glance at Search Engine Result Page (SERP) features from a negative view. Instead of considering how you could get placed in the SERP rankings take a look at the SERP features that could in the content strategy that you’re creating. If you change your thinking procedure, you can create an effective strategy for creating content that speaks to your clients throughout the buyer’s journey using the most effective approach to communicating and format.
SERP features are designed to provide users with the most relevant and relevant responses to their questions and provide information efficiently feasible. The exact format and the language used by each SERP feature. It is the most exact description of the content’s format and the language your users are looking for (at least, as per Google). Google). As a digital marketer, you can leverage this information in your favor. If you’re able to do some research and some imagining and imagination, you can duplicate the terms, topics and fashions of SERP’s functions for your own keywords with content which will entice your customers precisely where they are in the buying process , with the format and style they like.
The top organic feature of SERP
In the pursuit of the SERP features that you desire most marketers aren’t effective due to neglecting the most vital aspect that is is the function of the SERP. SERP features can provide valuable insights regarding your customers and how they consume information. Here are a few of the most well-known natural elements of SERP used by Google:
- Knowledge Graph
- Snippets of the Special Snippet
- Related Questions
- Image Pack
- In-Depth Article
In the next section I’ll break them down into various phases of the buyer’s experience and discuss the ways they can be used to support your SEO strategy to improve your content.
Integration of SERP features into various stages that buyers pass through
The top point of the buying process is the awareness phase, during the moment your clients are conscious of the problem and begin to conduct research to better understand the problem. In this stage the customer is looking for an easy explanation for the problem, but they aren’t in a position to discover the answer at this point. The SERP indicators that indicate an awareness stage audience include:
- Knowledge graph frequently illustrates top-level biographical data and definitions of clusters of keywords. This is an important component of the process of becoming aware.
- Featured Snippets typically, they provide concise keyword phrases as well as explanations for concepts as well as issues. It can also be a crucial element of the awareness phase because it defines concepts or offers responses to “what is it” questions.
- Similar questions When the questions begin by asking “what is it that you are asking” in addition to “how to use it” they coincide perfectly with the educational component which constitutes part of the “awareness phase..
- Video YouTube videos with questions as well as instructional videos to illustrate the process of thinking at the top level of those who are in the state of consciousness.
- Images:often indicate a one-word or short-tail keyword query line with our awareness.
Strategies for Content Strategy
If you are creating content that is targeted at an audience that knows about it, it is essential to be aware that they have little understanding of who you are as well as what you do and why you’re doing it. If you can answer these issues at a high scale, it’s possible to create a profile that establishes your company as an authority in the field. When you’re doing this, make certain to adhere to the language you’re using.
SERP is an integral component in the process of gaining awareness of your buyer’s experience. Benefit from the concise and simple language, and ensure that you adhere to the same rules. Avoid elaborate descriptions and lengthy explanations. Keep your explanations brief and concise (ranging in between 40-50 terms).
You also have the opportunity to build trust in this new group of people. Making your content accessible and easy to understand can help build trustand show you’re serious about making your content accessible without overly rambling them by jargon or a hefty branding.
There are a lot of questions to be asked through the buyer’s journey. it is best to include answers in a question and answers format every time you see it in SERP features. Utilize headings, bullet points, or lists that are numbered whenever possible and allow users to navigate through the content without taking up a large amount of time. Images are especially useful in this instance, but ensure that you have an alt tag in the images.
Stage of Examination
The core of your customer’s experience could be called the decision-making process. At this point, your customers will understand and acknowledge the issue (with the help of your instructional content) However, they’re not certain of the most effective method to solve the problem. They’re looking for information on different solutions and want to learn more about how your solution might help them solve their problem. The SERP features that indicate an audience for contemplation are:
- Featured Snippets when the snippet of text is structured to permit lists or comparisons, instead of clear definitions, it indicates the level of thought.
- Similar questions “why” along with other technical as and technical questions are related to the stage of consideration of purchasing journey.
- Reviews: service or product reviews reveal that your prospective customers are constantly looking for and comparing options. This is consistent with the consideration stage.
- Videos: Product and service videos must be considered prior to the time because they provide the rationale behind why a specific product or service provides an suitable solution to the needs of your market.
Strategies for Content Strategy
When you write content that is intended for an audience to view on the stage of consideration, it is crucial to focus on creating a comprehensive compelling argument. By using particular examples you will present how your products are the most effective solution for the needs of your viewers and demonstrate why they should consider investing into the product.
SERP is part of the consideration stage during buying journey. It can be used to create information that is different from what is available in the awareness stage. It uses more descriptors. It is ideal to utilize technical language at this phase and gives you an opportunity to explain how your solution is distinctive.
However, ensuring that you are faithful to your software is vital, since you don’t want to go over the top by making promises that aren’t achievable. Instead, make use of this chance to establish trust with your clients. Make sure that you ensure that your message is as real as you can and include examples that are specific to the benefits that your solution will bring to customers.
The use of comparative language is getting more prominent in the SERP’s features in the present. Additionally ensure that you include in-depth reviews that highlight the reasons behind why the product you offer is most efficient. When using video, ensure that the content can be searched on YouTube.
A decision-making phase
The final step in the buying process occurs in the final stage of the process. In this phase, the client has already identified their needs, and compared the various solutions and is now able to choose the most suitable. This is when your customers are prepared to discuss the solution they’re looking for and are now seeking to understand the reasoning behind what they will get from your company. They’re looking for information which shows previous customers have had good experience with your product and are willing to invest greater time, effort and money making sure they are satisfied with their decision.
- People also askquestions that leverage phrases like “the most effective solution'” or “most advanced solution” signifies that customers are moving from the contemplation phase to the decision phase of the purchasing process. Customers want to confirm that they’re making the right decision and require proof.
- Videoscustomer testimonials on video are in line with your decision-making process and give your customers proof that they can decide to buy this product.
- long-form contentlong-form articles may vary from 2,000 to 5,000 words.These articles can be published as links to websites as academic articles, or as more extensive pieces. They are typically positioned as thought leaders in their subject and explain the problems and possible solutions. They are usually presented in the form of buyer’s guides that contain detailed information about every solution and answer questions with long-tail keywords.
Strategies for Content Strategy
When you write content that’s targeted towards an audience that is making decisions, make sure you address issues that weren’t previously addressed in your previous content. While this may sound like common sense, it’s a crucial aspect of the process. An unanswered query could lead the reader to leave your site and go to another website that has the answers they’re seeking. In this instance, be aware of the profundity and quantity of information your customers are searching for.
SERP is an essential component in the final stage in the buying process. Present your audience as pseudo-experts on the subject , which is precisely what you have to accomplish. This is where your audience will be able to connect with long-tail keywords that have modifiers. Your content should provide thorough answers to these questions that are addressed to your target audience as professionals with experience within the industry.
Utilize convincing statistics and outcome-oriented examples to clearly outline the advantages your solution could offer. By providing specific details and information points, your clients will be able to see how your solution can benefit them.
The use of technical language is widespread and users want to be able to grasp the details you can provide. Long-form content is very popular at the moment , and you shouldn’t feel intimidated to use a big word count. Be sure to refer to your customers as often as you can, and consider the use of video in order to break up the long reading.
Content strategy takeaways
Google SERPs are designed to anticipate the requirements of users. the SERP options available for your chosen keywords could provide the most accurate information regarding the kind of user who will be using your search term. By looking at the SERP features offered for your keywords of selection and paying focus on the structure and style of your content are able to make use of Google’s search engine algorithm for your benefit.
After you’ve identified the various types of SERP-related features that are available for your search query, you’ve identified your audience’s stage of the buyer’s journey and the keywords they are using as well as the design, style, and style of content they’d like to view. As an experienced digital marketing professional You can use this knowledge to develop an effective strategy for content that is aligned with the requirements of your customers. This takes the guesswork out of your content strategy and ensures that your content reaches the people you want to reach at the time of their purchasing process.